Friday, April 13, 2012

Introducing: My baby


{I was so overwhelmed with glory and happiness}

Just because today is Friday the 13th, doesn't mean we should all be weary.
Let me set your mind at ease with photos of my newest daughter:

Presenting, I give you, introducing, an honor to share, (and so on and so forth)

Miss Charlotte Christiansdatter Nielson
Born Tuesday, April 3rd 12:53 pm
Weighing 6 pounds 12 ounces and 19 inches long.

{Seconds born, Dr. Judd shows off my beauty}



First bath as follows:







It was such a beautiful birth.
Mr. Nielson by my side, his big brown eyes filled with tears.
I had some of the most incredible nurses and doctors
help bring her to this earth.
Thank you, thank you.
What a joy.

After she was born, and swaddled in my arms I
thanked God for this beautiful gift.
I cried myself to sleep and cried during breakfast, lunch,
dinner and especially while I nursed.

Could this really be happening to me?
Do I deserve this?

This beautiful PERFECT gorgeous baby was mine.
There was a stark contrast; my burned arms holding this perfect baby
with perfect skin, just minutes old.
I looked at my body laying in this hospital bed and for
once with pride and without pain.
This was all so much better
than the other hospital visits, I can't even put words to it.



{Me and my girls, minus my baby girl}


{Dr. J and the Nielson children}

I was in the hospital because I brought life into this world. I didn't feel pain.
This birth reminded me that regardless of my trials, inabilities, problems,
frustrations, and pain I still had the capacity to produce a child.
My body carried a beautiful baby full-term.
It stretched and made way for her amidst the burns and scars.
Just another reminder that God not only exists, but LOVES me so much.

Sibling love:

{claire}

{jane}

{oliver}

{nicholas}



{Jane and Claire showing off Lottie's classic newborn faces}

{New daddy Mr. Nielson, and
{I couldn't be happier and more humbly grateful}

I am blessed and filled with milk, excuse me I need to unload
(if you know what I mean)

Happy Weekend!

Spiritual Enlightenment here.
{one of my very favorite talks of ALL TIME}

***Wondering where Charlotte's middle name
Christiansdatter comes from? Stay tuned.
Obviously we are proud Danes***
Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites