Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Melting my heart


Yesterday, I woke up grumpy.
In the night, I started itching the skin near the giant scab on my shin 
(the sore that I had been trying to heal for MONTHS) and,
 in a mad rage, I itched it off.
I woke to blood on my sheets and jammies.
I was mad.
My body has to start from ground zero, making a new scab.
This takes MONTHS!!
My body has been so very achy lately.
It may be the weather or that I am worn down.
Maybe both.
Jimmy peed in my office next to the printer (on hardwood, thankfully)
And the house was a mess.

I wanted to do something fun with everyone.
We decided to eat at Slab Pizza- the little pizza joint by my home.
While we waited for our pizza, Mr. Nielson showed the Lil Nies
how to make a straw longer by piecing two of them together.
It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Next, we packed the children into the car to see the new movie, Narnia.
It wasn't as good as the first one.
In fact, I think I fell asleep.
Chalk it up to my mood.

I am preparing for the ALT summit this week. 
 I am excited to participate- but nervous because 
I feel totally unprepared and out of my league.
 It might have to do with my achy-ness (see above)

But this morning, things changed in my heart because 
I saw Oliver's clever little army men hiding in the grapefruit
 on my dining room table.
It melted my heart like the rain is doing to our beloved snow.
It made me feel happy and hopeful.
I don't know why, but it did.
Life just goes on, and joy can be felt anywhere.

And as for the list here.
I didn't do any of it.
Funny.

AND,
Reminder to all of you:
'Nie's First Calendar' is on sale for $9.50
Half off from the regular price. This sale ends on January 31, 2011.




Bookmark and Share