Wednesday, August 25, 2010

To learn with Joy.

This year, our Family Back to school feast was better than ever.
I was more energetic from last year, and had the desire to cook and make it special.
I really had fun setting the table and preparing the crowns for my children.



Link

Our Family theme comes from my Favorite Book. It is found in Jacob Chapter 4:3
Our favorite part is ...."our children will receive them with thankful hearts, and look upon them that they may learn with joy and not with sorrow, neither with contempt, concerning their first parents"

This year I gifted my children with beautiful stained Glass stars.
I had a friend (Ashley K. Baker) make them and engrave the children's full name and grade. Hopefully by the time they graduate from school, they will have quite a collection.
I also had Ashley make a star with "To Lean with Joy".-Our family theme.
Hopefully the star will remind them day by day.







On the Menu:
3 kind heirloom tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and basil.
Fresh corn bake
Herb-rubbed Tilapia
Fresh mini string beans.
Cold Cocoa Cola from Mexico.




The End.

********
To Order Stars:
E-mail my friend Ashley Baker at rashreyk@yahoo.com to get more details.
She serves you for pick-up only.
Or her father, Kurt (who did my flowers for my wedding)
who made this beautiful star, can send them wherever you want.
Check out his Etsy shop here.

Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites