Monday, August 16, 2010

Two years and counting

 
(Purple roses in my living room to mark the 2-year post-accident) 
  Guess what!!! 
It's been TWO years since my accident. 
Remember that? I am soooooooooo glad I have two years behind me.
 And it's good to know that I will have plenty more to go. 
More years to enjoy my husband, more years with my four little beauties, 
more Halloween's, more fall leaves to enjoy, 
more Christmases, more backyard summer dinners with chirping crickets, 
more hand-holding, baby-loving, and sister time.
More days to cook, receive guidance and inspiration from the Lord, and more
time to journal/blog about this incredible life of mine.
Those are just a few of the things I enjoy on this earth.
Today, Mr. Nielson is taking me to breakfast then we are going to 
visit other burn survivors who are staying in the U of U burn center in Salt Lake City 
I hope I can offer hope to those struggling with burns and emotional wounds.
 I have two years behind me, and I hope they see that life can be still so so good. 
I am so happy to be alive. Life is a treat, a marvelous gift.
 I will forever dedicate this day- August 16 as a day to celebrate life. 
Our families RE-BIRTHDAY!
(My guest room is packed with 
school supplies and clothes ready for the big day!)




Bookmark and Share