Sunday, June 03, 2007

My Vegetarian life, Day one

Here is what is cooking at my domicile around the clock. Being a mother who lives on a non-meat diet, my children thrive on a vegetarian lifestyle.
Here is how I get my children to WANT spinach,
LOVE tofu and crave salmon.
People ask me what on earth I feed my family. Well, here on earth is what I feed my family.
Here is a whole week’s worth of wholesome Breakfasts, lunches and dinners, all meatless and wholesome from NieNie’s kitchen to yours.

Monday

Breakfast.(7:00 am)
The Nielson's always start breakfast off with a hot bowl of oatmeal.
I top mine with fresh fruit.
Oliver prefers his with extra honey and Jane can usually eat 2-3 bowls

Snack.(10:30)
Cold watermelon slices.

Lunch.(12:30)

Claire's favorite: Whole wheat toasted mozzarella cheese sandwiches with organic tomato soup. As always, whats tomato soup without crushed, rich round butter crackers.

Dinner. (6:00)

Lavish bread waldor-style white tuna wraps. Mr. Nielson likes me to add extra greens and as for me, I add more currants, I like the tartness. I also made a delicious grilled crusty bread salad which included fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella.

FHE treat.
Double chocolate chippers to the rescue.

I usually make big batches so Mr. Nielson can take some to co-workers,

or we take them to the Godparents house.

Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites