Monday, June 04, 2007

My Vegetarian Life, Day 1.

Monday:

I am cooking around the clock in the Lazona Estate.
I am a mother of a non-meat-eating family, and
we thrive on a vegetarian lifestyle.
(I guess we're not technically vegetarians since we eat fish, cheese, and eggs.
But I don't know what that's called...and frankly,
I don't really want to be labeled as anything).
People ask me all the time what on earth 
I feed my family if we don't eat meat.
Well, I'll tell you what on earth I feed my family. 
Enjoy a whole week's worth of wholesome meatless
breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
 From my kitchen to yours.
Here is what we had today for
Breakfast:
The Nielsons always start breakfast off with a hot bowl of oatmeal.
I top mine with fresh fruit.
Oliver prefers his with extra honey,
 and Jane can usually eat 2-3 bowls easily.

Snack: cold watermelon slices


Lunch
Claire's favorite: Whole wheat toasted mozzarella cheese sandwiches
 with tomato soup.
 As always, what is tomato soup without crushed, rich, round butter crackers,
and a dollop of cream?
Dinner:
Lavish bread Waldorf-style white tuna wraps.
 Mr. Nielson likes to add extra greens to his, and
 I add more currants to mine (I like this tart).
 I also made a delicious grilled crusty bread salad 
with fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella.
FHE treat.
Double chocolate chippers!! Family favorite!
I usually make big batches so we can drop off some to the  Godparents,
or so Mr. Nielson can take some to co-workers
(or so he says...wink wink)


Day ONE is down.

 You didn't miss the meat, now did you?



Bookmark and Share