Monday, February 29, 2016

Stuck

























Over the weekend, and for some strange reason,
 Lottie thought it would be a good idea to stick a 
small blue heart-shaped bead up her nose.  
She came into my room with tears in her big brown eyes
 and kept saying, 
"Sorry, Mama".
I was a little concerned and asked her several times why she was crying, 
and why she felt so sorry.
Finally, she told me her nose hurt.  I looked inside, and sure enough, a 
blue bead was lodged in the furthest north corner of her little nostril.
Thankfully, my dear friend and our family Pediatrician, Dr. Melissa 
(who lives just down the street from me), was home.
We sat in Melissa's entryway on a couch, and
 together, we held Lottie across our laps.
Melissa maneuvered the bead with some special tools, and then she
told Lottie, while covering one of her nostrils, to blow as hard as she could.
So Lottie did, and sure enough, 
that bead jumped out her nostril like Old Faithful.
Lottie picked up the bead and 
put it safely in her shirt pocket, then politely asked if we could go home.

Bookmark and Share