Thursday, October 08, 2015

Beautiful Divine Creatures


This morning, as I was getting ready for the day, Lottie came up to 
me in her Cinderella dress and crown with a comb in her hands.
I lifted her up on the bathroom counter in front of our big mirror
and began brushing her hair.
While braiding her little orange locks, 
I noticed how she gazed at herself in the mirror.
 I couldn't help but admire how confident she looked. 
At that moment, her smile seemed to have a magical effect on me. 
It made me wonder why we don't all look at ourselves in the mirror
 with a huge, bright smile on our faces. We definitely should.
We should be happy with what we look like and who we are
 because we are beautiful, divine creatures.
We should look at ourselves in the mirror with confidence, admiration, and gratitude. 
Unfortunately, someone, at some point, told us that 
we weren't pretty enough, or good enough and we started to believe it.
Let's replace those negative attitudes with kindness, honesty, 
and strength for ourselves and who we are.
What a gift we can give to our daughters.
What a gift Lottie gave me today!




Bookmark and Share