Monday, August 18, 2014

I am ALIVE six years later...

{2009 by Blue Lily}
On Saturday, Mr. Nielson and I spent our 6th anniversary 
of living since our accident.  Six years ago we were in a bad place.  
In fact we were practically dead.
In fact, fact,  I was dead...I was somewhere else...anyway, 
we can talk about that later.
 {2014 by Blue Lily}
But last week Mr. Nielson and I celebrated life!!!  
Do you know how amazing life is?  I am so grateful I am still around.
Even with pain and stress and more pain (still), I feel so much joy and peace
 living on this beautiful earth with my family and husband.
 
Mr. Nielson and I began celebrating this anniversary last Friday as we smooched 
the Little Nies goodbye and drove up into some of Utah's glorious mountains. 
We camped underneath the stars 
and talked about how six years ago to that very night we were sleeping 
under our speedy ceiling fan in Arizona talking about 
how lucky we were as a couple.  
We counted our blessings and held each other tight.
Well, on Friday night, we did the same thing.  It was wonderful.
I am thankful that we relied on God then and still do now.
I know my story and survival wouldn't be awesome had God not been
a huge part of my life.  
Saturday when we returned home we took the children to dinner.  
We expressed our love and gratitude for each one of them 
And  also for God in preserving our
life so we could still be their mother and father.
At dusk, we took a ride near the lake with the windows
 down and listened to David Grey's 
"Back in the World" a few times.
(sooooo appropriate for me and my life.
Now I think you need to have this song in your life.)
Ice cream was a perfect touch to the end of the night.

I want to express my love and gratitude to the many many wonderful people 
who saved my life.  To the strangers I don't even know who prayed, 
donated, supported, and continue to support me and my family daily.

I have a lot of hope.  I know that God lives.  He loves me too.
I also have plans to introduce the world to a new project 
(my "secret special project") 
that will benefit everyone.  
I was inspired to explore and develop this 
and can't wait until I can get it rolling. 
Tomorrow is the first day of school for the Little Nies.
We are also going to be having the "Back to School Feast".
I can't wait to share it with you-

I love you all
 
 -Nie
 Other accident anniversaries: (And here's to many more!!)

** Also, I can't wait to introduce you to OUR (Operation Underground Railroad)
Mr. Nielson was involved with this past week.**
Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites