Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First day of school 2014


Today was the first day of school for the Little Nies.
Jane complained of a stomach ache and stayed home.
 She lay in bed most of the day.  
Poor poor little girl.
No one wants to be sick on the first day of school!
As a result, I decided to cancel the Back to School Feast.
The boys were up, dressed and fed in impeccable time
also about 30 minutes early to school.
  This is kind of a big deal in our family since we are 
frequently late for almost everything.
As I drove Claire to school I began crying.  
This is kind of a big deal for me--Claire in junior high!?  It's hard to believe!
I was happy and sad and everything in between. 
But I made sure she knew that this was a very very happy event for her.
As I drove her closer to the front door I gave her a little pep talk.
This chat was short, sweet, unexpected and unplanned.
But I deeply wanted Claire to know that 
she needs to be a leader among her peers.  
I want her to understand that there is always someone who is suffering, 
someone who struggles, someone who needs a friend 
and I want her to be that friend.
I want her to be aware of others needs, I want her to seek out and pray for those
who need help or support, or just a simple smile.
Claire is a genuine, happy, kind, sensitive, confident and warm girl.  
She always has been and because of those wonderful traits, 
she will succeed at all she does.
I took this last Monday.  
The gang together before summer fades away.  I have cute children.
Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites