Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Next chapter


I woke up this morning with a little lump in my stomach.  
Claire is graduating from elementary school later this month and that means
 we are entering a new chapter in our lives.  
Claire is so ready to move on-- I am just not quite ready to follow.
Her graduation dress arrived in the mail yesterday, and Mr. Nielson and 
I ordered her a special gift to honor her in this life changing event.
Mr. Nielson and I are also planning on taking her and a few friends 
on a overnight sailing trip as a celebration. 
I want her to know that graduating elementary school is a big deal.
It means she is growing up, maturing and taking on more responsibility- 
in a very good way.  I want her to feel confident in who she is, and her role 
in our family, in school, in church and in the community.

I want to raise responsible children and I feel like I have a sacred duty
 to rear them in love and righteousness.  
I need to be able to provide for their physical and spiritual needs, 
and to teach them to love and serve one another, 
observe the commandments of God, 
and be law-abiding citizens wherever they live. 

I remember when she was in 1st grade in Arizona like it was yesterday.  
Wow, time sure flies by.
Remember Ticket City?

Tomorrow Mr. Nielson and his company Beacon Beneficial will be holding his first 
"Family Series"  event at Sundance (There is still 2 more seats available)
We took the Little Nies up to Sundance after school the other day
 to check out the layout of the room and buy a famous "Sundance sucker."
You need one.


Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites