Wednesday, March 05, 2014

My three steps for feeling better

The past few weeks I have felt discouraged.  
Have you noticed sometimes when you feel discouraged or hurt 
by something that everything seems to pile up higher and higher
 and deeper and deeper?
When I physically don't feel good, or when I look at 
the long list of surgeries that need to be done,
 or physical therapy that needs to be continued I get so very overwhelmed.  
Then there are the problems that you can't fix;
 the problems that canker the world, 
sometimes your city, and sometimes even your own family.  
You can't make everyone happy.  
You can't please everyone, and I am learning this everyday.
But here is what I can do:
  1. I can work on changing my attitude, thoughts and feelings toward the problem.  Most the time I can't even change the circumstances, but I can change my attitude.
  2. I can receive help from those who are close to me—my family, friends, and those who I love and trust the most.
  3. I can develop a more powerful and complete trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
I am learning to let any pain and discouragement go in frustrating situations 
and replace it with extra faith, 
being humble, and maybe even some hard swallowing.
I won't always get everything I think would be best for everything.  
But I have the power to let bad feelings slip away. 
I want to be able to step back and let myself simmer before making 
very emotionally charged decisions that would effect and hurt others.
And in the end, I can be respectful to people I don't agree with,
kind to people who have different opinions and thoughts than me.
Because I have the Savior in my life.  
I can give it over to Him and move on He is the only person who knows
what is exactly right for the exact situations.

Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites