Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Happy New Year! 2014 2014 2014

We welcomed the New Year by moving from the Briar House to Fox Hill.
Our neighbor/pediatrician and her family took the children for most of the night 
while Mr. Nielson and I took load after load to our new unfinished home.  
Mr. Nielson packed items while I cleaned the house. For the last time.
We both raced against the clock because we wanted to 
ring in the new year together with our children.
When 10:00 came around we still hadn't cleaned out and 
packed up the garage I was panicking.
The Little Nie's wanted to be together, and so did I, but we were on a deadline 
since the new owners (who I do not know) wanted to be in the next day.
When 11:46 rolled around Mr. Nielson and I dropped everything we were
 doing and picked up the children. 
 {Lottie had long since fell asleep at my Mom's house} 
We packed the children in the car and drove up to Fox Hill.
 Mr. Nielson found a long piece of wood from the house construction and made a 
platform for us to let off some fireworks. 
We didn't even need a watch to tell what time it was, we saw hundreds 
of fireworks in the city below.  It was a sight I will never forget.
We let our fireworks off and drove the children home (Umi's)
where they were promptly put to bed.
 Mr. Nielson and I continued to work until 3:00 a.m. in the frigid cold.
It was a New Years eve/day  I will probably remember all my life.
It was actually quite memorable- as well as exhausting.
When I lay my head down next to Mr. Nielson that night on a blow-up 
mattress on my parents living room floor,
 I kept thinking how grateful I was for a healthy body.
 I felt pain-- particularly in my hands, but proud of this body
that could move and lift and work- hard from sun up to sun down
over and over these past few weeks.
I am grateful that I can do hard things.
Happy New Year from our home to yours!
 And then Lottie looked like this the whole rest of the day.  It was awesome.


***Happy Birthday to brother JESSE!!!!***
Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites