Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Turning 7... TWICE!

My boy Nicholas turned 7 on October 6th.
As per tradition the night before a child's birthday, I wrap presents, 
hang banners, and get out the birthday crown.  Then I  put it on our kitchen 
table so when the birthday boy/girl wake up, the table welcomes them kindly.
Since my children know this, they always wake up before 6:00 a.m. to enjoy 
the "birthday table".  Mr. Nielson and I stayed up way to late the night
 before and subsequently went to bed around 2:00 am. 
Then, Lottie decided to wake up 3 times during the night for various reasons.
I was exhausted.
But good thing the birthday table was all set up,
 but when the birthday boy got up, I could not.
Nicholas tried to get me up on several occasions and each time I would say:
"Oh, happy birthday Nicholas, how about 10 more minutes".
Poor guy, I actually think he waited 10 more minutes before coming 
back in my room to ask if I would get up so he could open his presents.  
Then I would say:
"Happy birthday Nicholas, how about 10 more minutes".
Then once, after several times of this, he said:
"Mom, you said that last time!!"
Finally Claire came in, took my camera and the children gathered around the
 "birthday table" as Nicholas opened his presents.
{You know, this is just as fun for siblings}.
I feel kinda bad that I was asleep.
Nicholas didn't care.  When I woke up, I made him pancakes, and he played 
with his toys all morning long.
I am proud of Claire, she took some awesome photos
{Like Nic in his undies opening presents and such}
I made a cake that evening and he was a happy boy all day.
All he wanted was a lemon cake without frosting! (who is this child?)
 
 {Nicholas before Lottie stole his new yellow car}
{Nicholas after Lottie stole yellow car}
{Lottie and the yellow car}
Then last weekend, Nicholas had his friend party. Oh boy.  
{I love that Lotte is watching the action with someones juice box}

I think that all 7 year old boys want to do is wrestle and tackle each other. 
 Nicholas wanted me to order pizza for his friends. 
I think that was the only thing we did that was planned.  
Everything else was whatever.
It might have been the longest three hours of my life
* * * * * * * *
Invitations designed by Pinhole Press.
I also ordered the darling memory game.
Memory is Nicholas' favorite game.  He was so excited about this customized one!
It was so easy to create!
It's clever and darling!





Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites