Monday, March 25, 2013

Safety and Peace

Mr. Nielson came home from Scout camp stinky and wet.
It snowed the entire night.  
While he shivered in a cold tent with the a dozen boys, 
I was home tossing and turning with baby Lottie in my bed.
Mr. Nielson and I are headed to Denmark in May, thus I am trying to ween baby Charlotte.
Its been sad and horrible.  She/I hate bottles (we are getting better though) 
and we both just generally miss nursing.
Anyway, Mr. Nielson came home smelling like a camp fire.
Dumped his gear by the front door (it's still there)
 and dedicated the rest of the day to us here at home.  

We took the children to dinner then came home and rushed them all in the
shower.  I picked and laid out Sunday clothes. { This is easy access for 9:00 church.}
The children settled in for a movie while Mr. Nielson and began talking on the couch.
Charlotte finally fell asleep and while I was putting her down, I got a text from niece
Lindsay Kay who was alerting me that she had graciously put a few treats on my doorstep.
{She works at The Sweet Tooth Fairy -have you had the ding dong cupcake???}
 
Mr. Nielson and I picked up our conversation again and we 
talked and talked and discussed {and I cried} and we repeated that over and over.
We are totally and completely on the same page- with everything.
He validates me, and I him.  We buoy each other up and love each other unconditionally.
While we can't change other people- or their choices, we have the power to 
lead our family with the good choices we make and strive to make.
That is where I am going to put all my effort and full attention to as a mother.
I want my children to understand that making good choices NOW
 is the only true way to be happy.   
That means keeping the commandments.

In my favorite book-  
 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and ahappy state of those that
keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are bblessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out cfaithful to the end they are received into dheaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.
 
I am happy because I keep and daily work on keeping God's commandments.
People are searching for happiness, and they will search for it
 anywhere and everywhere they possibly can.
I am telling you; the only true way to be
happy is to follow Gods plan- His commandments.
Mr. Nielson and I finally at 3:00, decided after hours of good 
conversations and a very deep spiritual connection to call it a night.
First we walked downstairs to check on our four beautiful children who 
were all sprawled out on the couch-together.  
We just left them.  We'd be up in a few hours for church anyway.
To my surprise,  Charlotte slept the entire night through.
{I must be keeping the commandments or something!}
Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites