Wednesday, March 06, 2013

I love Dave

My heart is heavy tonight as I write my blog entry.
I got word on Monday that a dear friend  
Dave passed away and Leslee is in critical condition in the hospital.
I haven't been able to shake these thoughts in my head.
Dave is one of the greatest men I have ever met.  
Back in 2008, I was asked by a group of friends if I wanted to run the 
famous Ragnar Relay race in Utah called "The Wasatch Back" .
Not only did I run in this race {...actually more like slowed my team down}, 
I met some very amazing people that have been very dear in my heart.
Dave and Leslee were among these folks.
 {Amazing Dave in 2008, and in 2009 filming the 'Run for Nie' video}

A few months after the race I was in my accident.  
 2009 and dedicated the run to me. 
"Run for Nie" was the team name.  Dave made a beautiful video of the experience.
I just watched it again and cried the whole way through.
It is so inspiring to me.
 {My 'Run for Nie' team...love you guys}
 {The team before the big day, Dave and Leslee in
 front with daughter Lindsey in the middle}
 {The team after the big run}
I don't know what I did to deserve these people to come into my life 
at such a dark time and pick me up and love me.   
I hope that I can do the same for them- somehow.
I don't know what it feels like to lose a loved one, but I do- in a way, 
and I know the next step for the family will be hard and sad, 
but also so spiritual and amazing.
I will be forever grateful that I knew Dave.  I am inspired by his faith and
love for his family- especially his daughters; Hailey and Lindsey.
My prayers have been deep for sweet Leslee.
These pictures bring back good and horrible memories. 
 I met a lot A LOT of amazing people who cheered me on and supported me so much.  
But so hard because I was in constant pain and felt so worthless.
I feel so much better now.
Time is AMAZING! 
 It will help heal any pain and hurt and discouragement. 
It will help the Henson family.
Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites