Thursday, November 29, 2012

To the mother of my birthday boy


Dear Mary,
34 years ago today, you had your 2nd son and your 8th child.
You named him Christian Mark.
He is a grown man now.  
He isn't your baby boy anymore- hasn't been for a few years now.
It is my job now.  I get to take care of him.
I get to feed him, hold his hand, kiss him, and sometimes pick out his clothes.
I just wanted to thank you for having such a wonderful son.
He has so many of your great traits.
He is honest, gentle, kind, pleasant, and resourceful.
He has blessed my life immensely and given me so much happiness and joy.
He has such a vibrant and optimistic personality.
{Photos by Bluelily}

Thank you for teaching him the Gospel of Jesus Christ when he was little, and
still today through your amazing example and enduring faith.
Thank you for demanding goodness from him when he was small.
Thank you for expecting great things from him because you knew it would bless his
future family someday.  Thank you for never letting him give up or quit.
He has accomplished so much in these 34 years.
Thank you for having him.  Today I celebrate his wonderful life.
Thank you for letting me take your son and make him mine.
I love him so much.
I love him so so much.

Love, Stephanie

P.S...He can hold our babies for hours, dancing across the floor with a huge grin on his face while I cook dinner or work on my computer.  It's adorable.
I know he gets that from you.
Happy Birthday my Mr. Nielson.
Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites