Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Try, try again.




I am trying harder to be less involved with
my phone and computer during the day.
When my children visualize me when I am not around,
I really REALLY don't want them to see
me sitting at my desk on the computer or on my phone!!!

Last night I expressed my concerns to Mr. Nielson and after
I felt much much better, and I vowed to make some changes.

Today I: woke up and exercised, had personal study and prayers,
cleaned my kitchen, played with Lottie, listened to Shawn Colvin's latest album,
had time to make a treat in my kitchen, listened to a few conference talks,
and took a little nap on the living room floor with Charlotte.
All before the children got home from school.

Not once did I check my e-mail during those activities.
Of course I thought about it, but I didn't and it felt SO GOOD!
I felt liberated. Self-mastery is a good thing.
After the children were in bed I spent some time answering e-mails
and writing this post. It was perfect.

Remember when I said I wasn't going to be on my phone when I nursed Lottie?
Well, that faded and I began that habit again.
I am honestly going to reengage myself
and NOT touch my phone while I nurse.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you'd like to listen to me sharing my experiences about
writing
my book- Heaven is Here-
at the Sundance Author series, go HERE.

{Me at Sundance...check out the beautiful leaves behind me}
Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites