Monday, January 03, 2011

A love note to my birthday boy Ollie/and to Dr. Jensen



To my baby boy Oliver Christian Nielson,
You were born in New Brunswick, New Jersey on January 2, 2005.
You were the first baby I had on my own bed at home.
It was on a very quiet Sunday that you came. You had pink skin, and blue blue eyes.
You had a very cute nose and perfect ears. You came without freckles of course, but now I can only imagine you with light brown freckles that spot along your nose and cheeks.
Your sisters Claire and Jane were in love. I was in love.
You were born and then a big snowstorm hit the East coast. We all stayed home eating food and mugging on you. Daddy's work was canceled because of the storm for almost a whole week!!
It was perfect timing!
You grew up fast, and your hair turned curly in the back.
You loved me, a lot.
Now you still love me a lot, but you have other favorites too (Jack, Van, Lucy R.)
Now you are a big six year old boy who sings to your lullabies at night.

Tonight I lay down beside you in your bed and looked at you.
I told you about the day you were born and how your
big blue eyes stared up at me right after I pushed you out-
(just like they were doing while I told you this love story)
Then you laughed at me.
Brother Nicholas was asleep when my favorite lullaby came on your
little radio near your bed. You sang it out loud to me.
It made me cry.
Just like it did when we lived in Arizona before my accident.
And I would sing it to you.
We would lay down at night in your little baby bed, facing the lemon trees and I would tickle your back and sing to you.
Tonight, I tickled your back like I always do, and this time you sang it to me:

"Go back to sleep now
My darlin
And I'll keep all the bad dreams away
Breathe now, think sweet things
And I'll think of all the right words to say

Because we made you
My darlin
With the love in each of our hearts
We were a family, my darlin
Right from the start

Grow up now
My darlin
Please don't you grow up too fast
And be sure, darlin
To make all the good times last

Because we made you
My darlin
With the love in each of our hearts
We were a family, my darlin
Right from the start"

{Song by Wilco- go here to hear...you will fall in love...or for an even better version (the one we listen to most) listen to Ryan Tanner (and here) sing it on Scott Wiley's "Baby Mine" lullaby songs}


I love you sweet Ollie.
Every night your father and I always say
"Man, I love that kid"
It is true- we love you so much.

-Mother


Speaking of Birthdays....to my favorite Mormon surgeon:


Happy Birthday Dr. Mark Jensen!!!
You are the most loyal husband, dearest father, handsome son, talented Doctor!
We can't wait until you run the hospital here in Provo.
You will see more of me than you will have ever wanted too.

(Mark in action)

A few favorite story's about Mark-
Once Mark and Dr. L. were working on hunchie.
To cut to the chase, I almost died (again- yep I have 9 lives)
And when I came back to earth, the first person I saw was Dr. Jensen.
He looked really concerned and worried. Then he told me that he thought I was going to die.
That was when I decided I really liked this guy.
Honest and straight forward. My kinda Doctor.
Then the next day he brought me Joe-Joes with fresh raspberries.
Now you know why I love this Doctor so much.
-and then-
When Christian and I first met Dr. Jensen in the clinic, Christian called him "Elder Jensen".
I was super embarrassed. But Mark truly looked like a clean cut, YOUNG Mormon Missionary.
(Take it as a compliment)
But really, Mark- you know I think you are so amazing. You are caring and compassionate.
I feel so honored to be one of the many you have saved, helped, and given a second chance at life.
Thanks buddy- see you soon in our neck of the woods.
Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites