Wednesday, December 22, 2010

10 years of marital bliss


Mr. Nielson and I celebrated Ten years of marriage.
In celebration, Mr. Nielson surprised me by taking me to Park City- and
back at the Washington School, staying in the Mrs. Nielsen room (close to my name).
The evening took us to Park City ski resort as we took a sleigh ride to the most beautiful lodge
where good old cowboy grub was made and eaten at the
Snowed Inn Sleigh Company
by a bunch of handsome cowboys!




(Washington Inn at Park City- our 2nd annual stay at the beautiful bed and breakfast. So cozy!)


(Me and Cowboy Kelly after a lovely sleigh ride)






(Hanging out at the 'Snowed Inn Lodge')



(Waiting for our the sleighs to pick us up in the 10 degrees)

The next day, I did what I had been wanting to do for years- ski.
Once upon a time, I used to be a pretty good skier. I was nervous to share the slopes with Mr. Nielson because what if I was crap? I would feel a personal loss, and also feel stupid.
But, I was just fine! And we had the most fun time ever!
I think it is so fun skiing with my sweetheart (of 10 years, remember)
because on the lift we can snuggle and laugh and smooch. Its awesome.

And skiing at my old favorite- Sundance was amazing.
We had lunch at the Grill and I had endless hot chocolate with as much
whipped cream as I wanted. Yep, that's right.
After the fun times on the slopes, Mr. Nielson and I found us something silver/tin.
We found an adorable owl.
Tin is what represents 10 years.
Read about it here.
Could my life be any happier right now? I doubt it.

(Skiing at Sundance-the best quaint resort around)

Oh, but wait....
Guess who showed up? Yep the cutest little man ever- Freddie!
Lucy had her sweet pie on December 17th! Congrats Lucy!

I love you Mr. Christian Mark Nielson.
I am honored to have your name.
I am delighted to share children and life together.
You make me so happy.
And we will live happily ever after-
The End.
Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites