Friday, January 29, 2010

Forgetting Friday


(me out and about-looking very tired)

I thought today was Tuesday.
All day.
Why would I think today was Tuesday?
Medications?
Loss of oxygen during surgery?
Early on-set of Alzheimer's?
All of the above?
You know, my Nana had Alzheimer's and died from it.

Nevertheless, I am still alive and moving even if today in my heart it's Tuesday.
I was so happy when I was told that today is Friday, because Mom, Lucy, and Bets are coming on Sunday. So soon!!

Mr. Nielson said I needed to get out today.
So I did.
I hobbled to the car armed with pillows and nestled in.
I brought a magazine to read while he shopped at Trader Joes.
But I didn't end up reading it, I talked to Page on the phone instead.

I was nervous someone would crash into us and I couldn't protect myself since I am a weakling. I get really nervous these days...it's the medication-so they say.
I asked Mr. Nielson if he thought it was weird that I thought today was Tuesday.
He said no.
He said no, because I "have been saying a lot worse."
Like one time, I thought he was the president of the United States,
which is so weird because Mr. Nielson is not a fan of Mr. President.

Excuse me, I need to write some questions to my Doc's:

To my Dr's. J and L,

My hump hurts my back. I know you know that. My legs and feet look like cabbage patch dolls. Is that normal?
Do you think I could be a good candidate for the circus? (You know with my hump and all.) Could I be the 8th wonder of the world?
I need to clip my fingernails because all I do is scratch myself all day. Is it normal to scratch myself silly? I need a pair of gloves. What do you suggest? Is it normal to forget things?
Is it normal to think that today was Tuesday?
Will I die?

Lovingly,
Stephanie.

And that's what I'd say. Happy Friday...Wow today is Friday.
Time sure flies when your having so much fun!!

Kisses,
Nie.

P.S.
Katja is still sick too. Yuck!
check it out here.
Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites